Xbox Chief Talks Up Games Mass Appeal
Microsoft (MSFT) may be a behemoth and a monopolist, but when it comes to video games, it's just an upstart.
In the latest round of the video-game wars, the company lost billions of dollars while being crushed by industry giant Sony (SNE).
Corporate Vice President J Allard, who heads Microsoft's video-game efforts, is promising a different result this time. Under his leadership, Microsoft has unveiled its next-generation console, the Xbox 360, which the company promises will appeal to everyone from core game geeks to nongamers. Indeed, Allard has boldly predicted that a billion people will eventually play games on the new console.
But the company again faces a challenge from Sony, which is introducing its own next-generation machine. And it still has many questions left to answer that will likely determine the fate of the 360, which in turn will affect the companies developing games for it.At the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV