Motorola Freescale Executive Reportedly Leaving Company
Chief strategist Ray Burgess, who was passed over for the company's top spot last month, is leaving the company, according to a Dow Jones report Thursday. The move comes after former IBM executive Michel Mayer was appointed Chairman and CEO of the Austin-based semiconductor maker in May
Burgess was the head of strategy, marketing and communications for Freescale, and was with the chip unit prior Motorola's decision to carve it out via an IPO.
Both Motorola and Freescale representatives declined to comment.Burgess had told some people on Wall Street that he aspired to the top job, so it came as a limited surprise that he would seek other opportunities. The executive undoubtedly walks away from some valuable stock options. In a regulatory filing Monday, the Austin, Texas-based chipmaker said it will issue 121.6 million shares priced around $18.50. Freescale plans to list on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker "FSL."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV