Veritas Eyes Record Revenue
Veritas Software (VRTS) CEO Gary Bloom informally raised the company's guidance Monday, saying he is "reasonably confident" that fourth-quarter revenue will top the $500 million mark for the first time in Veritas' history.
"We haven't changed guidance," Bloom said during a presentation at the Lehman Brothers investment conference in New York. "But if a few things fall the way we want and the stars align a little bit," Veritas will hit $500 million in the December quarter.
Mountain View, Calif.-based Veritas sells software that helps manage network storage.
The company's formal guidance projects revenue of $480 million to $490 million, while analysts polled by Thomson First Call expect revenue of $489.7 million. If Bloom is correct, the December quarter will be the second in a row that the company set an all-time record for quarterly revenue.Bloom noted, however, that extra revenue in the fourth quarter also means a larger-than-expected drop in the seasonally slower first quarter. But he left guidance for earnings in the December quarter unchanged, ranging from 21 cents to 23 cents a share, a penny below Wall Street's expectations. Helping to drive the quarter, Bloom said, are strong sales of products that help businesses comply with
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV