Blowout Numbers Boost EZCorp
EZCorp (EZPW) boosted fourth-quarter earnings expectations, due in part to lower levels of bad customer debt
Shares of EZCorp were surging 15.7% to $42.05 Friday.
The pawn-shop operator said Thursday that it now expects to earn 61 cents to 64 cents a share, up from its prior projection of 43 cents to 46 cents a share. A Thomson First Call analyst survey had expected the company to earn 45 cents a share.
EZCorp said that during the quarter it realized a stronger-than-expected signature loan contribution (primarily due to lower levels of bad debt), about 4 cents a share from several nonrecurring items and a lower-than-expected earnings drag from new store openings.The company opened 46 stores during the quarter, with most of these opening late in the quarter. EZCorp also raised its full-year guidance: It now expects to earn $2.05 to $2.08 a share. First Call had expected $1.90 a share. In addition, for fiscal 2007, the company expects fiscal 2007 earnings of $2.40 to $2.45 a share. EZCorp also expects to open about 100 stores during the next fiscal year. First Call had expected $2.30 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV