10 Signs You're Financially Lazy
One reason that people have trouble with their finances is that they tend to be lazy about managing them. That is not to say that one should spend 24 hours a day making sure every little financial detail is in order, but when you begin to lose money in ways that could be solved with a small amount of time and organization, you've joined the many people who are financially lazy.
Here are 10 signs that you may be one of them:
1. You don't pay off your credit card in full each month.
Credit cards should be a tool used to your advantage and not one that keeps you in debt. If you are carrying a balance on your credit card, then you have been spending more money than you have and need to rework your budget. That budget should include paying more than the minimum to defeat your previous laziness.2. You pay banking fees. Banking fees are usually the result of not paying attention to the amount that you have in your account. A bank is a place to keep your money so you can earn more money, not a place to lose money by paying fees. If you pay banking fees on a regular basis (or even every once in a while), you are being lazy about keeping track of how much you have in the accounts, and you need to start keeping track so that fees are no longer a drain on your finances.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV