How to Get Revenge on Wall Street
Let's say you're a Citigroup (C) brokerage customer, and two years ago, at the urging of your broker, you bought a bunch of WorldCom shares. Your broker iced the deal by bragging about how the firm's hotshot telecom analyst, Jack Grubman, kept predicting the stock was going to the moon.
Two years later, your investment in WorldCom is practically worthless, as the telecom giant struggles to emerge from bankruptcy. Grubman, meanwhile, has been drummed out of the securities business -- exposed as being nothing more than a Wall Street version of a snake-oil salesman.
It's a situation that describes the predicament facing many investors who got burned buying stocks based on Wall Street hype, whether they got hit by Grubman's questionable turnabout on AT&T (T) or one of the more outlandish buy recommendations on Qualcomm (QCOM), Amazon (AMZN) or JDS Uniphase (JDSU).
So what's the best way for investors to exact a measure of revenge against Wall Street? Should you file
|How to Get Revenge on Wall Street|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV