The Future of Media
LAS VEGAS -- When I want to get a feel for the future of media -- the real future, not the overhyped, venture-capital-backed dreamland that clutters much of the consumer tech world -- I like to hit the
The NAB show is nominally a trade-only event for the broadcast TV and radio industry.
Programmers such as News Corp's (NWS) FoxSports come here to inspect, say, the spankin' new video production trucks they've just leased. Big-iron television and radio equipment vendors such as Sony (SNE), Toshiba, Chyron, SES Americom, Snell & Wilcox and more come here to schmooze their programmer clients. Industry heavyweights walk the halls. I hung out with everybody from the owner of the New England Patriots to the head of engineering for WOR radio in New York City.
And since today's media business has spread to cable, satellite and even consumers -- we all can make hits on YouTube -- the NAB now covers the entire media world:
(AAPL) was here with a big demonstration of its new desktop production tools. Media start-ups such as
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV