VeriSign Buying Moreover
Internet security services company VeriSign (VRSN) agreed to buy online news aggregator Moreover Technologies, which provides real-time content to services such as Ask Jeeves and Microsoft's (MSFT) MSN network.
Sources close to the deal say it is valued at around $30 million.
Moreover, a large online aggregator of real-time news and business information, has operations in San Francisco and London and is used by many organizations for its ability to scour the Internet for information from Web sites, blogs and broadcast feeds.
Last Friday, Mountain View, Calif.-based VeriSign said it had acquired Weblogs.com, a site that provides people with alerts when blogs and Web sites have fresh content posted to them, for $2.3 million.This latest acquisition is a part of an attempt to provide "some structure to the endless content or chat available on the Internet and to monetize blogs," said one person familiar with the company. Calls to the West Coast offices of both VeriSign and Moreover seeking comment were not immediately returned. Shares in VeriSign were trading down 9 cents to $19.84 on Monday morning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV