Reader's Digest to Buy Allrecipes.com
Reader's Digest (RDA) agreed to acquire Allrecipes.com, a food and cooking Web site, for about $66 million.
The deal represents Reader's Digest's first major Internet acquisition. The media company said the site will act as a portal for its existing food Web sites, which support its magazine properties like Taste of Home and Light and Tasty.
Reader's Digest said the transaction will be funded by its existing debt capacity and is expected to close in its fourth quarter, which ends June 30.
The company anticipates the deal will add about $4 million in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, tax and amortization in the first year. The effect on overall earnings is expected to be neutral or dilutive by a penny a share."Our acquisition of Allrecipes.com will provide us with a valuable digital platform to further leverage our position as the country's leading food and cooking publisher,"the company said. "It will enable us to bring together online communities from the various RDA properties using the common platform of an industry-leading food and cooking." Reader's Digest shares closed Friday at $14.75, down 7 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV