Green for Good
It's not because I want to see my planet's resources depleted to the point where lunar real estate looks appealing, but rather that it fires up protestors who believe that cardboard signs and caustic slogans shouted from megaphones will open corporate eyes to the correct moral path.
Companies that offer green services know their corporate clients need more incentive than a clean conscience and a Cat Stevens song. Some of them are proving that Earth-friendly makes good business sense, too.
It's no surprise that
About 2,500 Google employees get chauffeured to and from the office in Bauer's fully equipped compressed natural gas vehicles with leather interiors, Wi-Fi and tables for conferencing. The drive takes half the time of an individual commute, thanks to HOV lanes, and employees can relax or get work done through an otherwise stressful and unproductive morning commute.
But Google's motives aren't solely altruistic. This perk draws employees to the company, increases potential work time and gives Google the "green" look -- the new key to coolness and a customer-friendly corporate image."Just look at the Oscars," says Bauer's CEO and founder, Gary Bauer, "and all the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV