EchoStar Rallies on Sub Gains
The Englewood, Colo., provider of satellite television service said earnings for the quarter ended June 30 fell to $85 million, or 18 cents a share, from the year-ago $129 million, or 27 cents a share. Revenue rose 26% from a year ago to $1.78 billion.
The latest-quarter numbers fell shy of Wall Street's bottom-line expectations of 22 cents per share, but were above the Thomson First Call analyst revenue estimate of $1.67 billion.
On Tuesday afternoon, shares of EchoStar were up $1.74, or 6.4%, at $29.Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization -- a widely followed cash flow measure -- amounted to $296 million, just shy of the $298 million First Call median forecast. EchoStar, operator of the Dish Network satellite service, added 340,000 net new subscribers during the second quarter, giving it a total of 10.1 million at June 30. That's ahead of the 299,000 consensus estimate compiled by Schwab SoundView, but not quite the blowout performance posted by DirecTV DirecTV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV