Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Three Dot-Coms for Right Now
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
Recently, it seems as if everywhere Jim Cramer goes, people ask him the same question about the same stock: "What's the deal with Google (GOOG)?"
On Monday's "Mad Money" TV show, Cramer tackled the question head-on."Lately the stock has stalled," he said. It is time for market players to collectively acknowledge that while Google is "great," its 90% growth is decelerating. Google still has $600 written on it, but it is going lower, Cramer predicted. When the stock falls through $450, he said it will be time to do some business with it again. Right now at $465, however, is not the right time to buy it, Cramer said. "We have to wait until the momentum buyers are washed out and finished selling." Instead, he said, he has three Internet stocks with "better prospects" he would buy right here, right now to get through the "Google withdrawal." He presented them in descending order.
3. Yahoo!Cramer's third favorite Internet pick is Yahoo! (YHOO), which he owns for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust. Although nobody can say this company is better than Google, the reason Cramer likes Yahoo!, the stock, has nothing to do with Yahoo!, the company. Right now the stock is being bought hand-over-fist, and if "you mimic where the big money goes, it's often enough to score a big win," he said. There are two reasons why Cramer believes people should buy Yahoo!. First, Fidelity Investments, a giant mutual fund that has been cutting its "massive stake" in Yahoo!, is almost done selling, said Cramer. Second, Legg Mason is buying shares of Yahoo!. When Fidelity's selling is done, the negative pressure on Yahoo! is likely to diminish, Cramer said. "This should take Yahoo!'s stock higher." In addition to these two reasons, Yahoo! also has positive fundamentals, he said. It has a new search engine, Panama, which looks like it's "for real," and it has low guidance, which means a lowered downside risk, Cramer said. "Its estimates are too low and could be beat here," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV