Finding the Missing Link Between Stocks and GDP
Famous advice is timeless. Such suggestions as "Go west, young man," and "plastics" may not retain their original import, but would you counsel a modern-day successor to The Graduate with "nanotubes?" Peter Lynch's fame as the longtime manager of the Fidelity Magellan Fund was such that even though he retired from this role more than 13 years ago, he arguably remains the world's most famous mutual fund manager. Part of his fame is no doubt derived from his pithy aphorisms, such as "know what you own," and his trenchant observation that if you spend more than 15 minutes a year thinking about the economy, you've wasted your time.
I must, as an economist, reject this last observation, but in homage to Lynch's career, I'll offer the following candidate for advice immortality: "Retire early."
In Search of the Lost Chord
|Something Is Missing
|Source: Howard Simons|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV