NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of NXP Semiconductors NV
(NXPI - Get Report) are higher by 3.02% to $68.98 in early afternoon trading on Friday, as the stock continues a gain it began in pre-market trading.
The Dutch chip-maker is reportedly working with Apple (AAPL - Get Report) in order to bring its secure near-field communications technology to the next iPhone, the Financial Times reports.
With NXP Semiconductors' help, iPhone users will be able to connect wirelessly to other devices just by taping them together.
Must Read: 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Love
- NXPI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV has improved earnings per share by 48.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV turned its bottom line around by earning $1.34 versus -$0.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.66 versus $1.34).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 43.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $111.00 million to $159.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 51.25% to $242.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.94%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NXPI Ratings Report