NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer has an answer for people who have been wondering when Cisco (CSCO) is going to turn.
"I say forget about it," Cramer said Friday. "It's not going to turn because they're losing share."
Cramer said Cisco is losing share to Juniper (JNPR) and Alcatel-Lucent (ALU).
Instead, Cramer prefers Ciena (CIEN). "Ciena's got great momentum and it's got the best order flow for 2014," he said.
Cramer urges caution when it comes to Juniper and Alcatel, although he said Alcatel "has got great momentum versus Cisco. Alcatel-Lucent still can go to $5."
Qualcomm is what Cramer calls "a love stock."
"When you have a love stock, you just go buy calls on it and ride it to the end of the year," he said. "I think the stock is going to go right to $80."
On the other hand, Anadarko (APC) is a challenged company, he said, because the company's liability in the Tronox case could be $5 billion to $14 billion. "They will appeal," Cramer said.
He added that if people want to own Anadarko, "they should do it deep in the money calls because that's a $25-per-share possibility."
-- Written by Carla Baranauckas in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV