OMAHA, Neb. -- Warren Buffett's company bought nearly 3.7 million more shares of DaVita Inc. (DVA) after the dialysis provider reported its earnings last week.
That means Berkshire now owns about 16.5% of DaVita, but it has agreed not to buy more than 25% of the Denver-based company unless, both companies agree.
Denver-based DaVita runs nearly 2,000 outpatient dialysis clinics.DaVita said last week that its operating costs increased during the quarter, and it said the Justice Department has been investigating its business practices. The stock was trading above $56, but quickly lost more than $2 a share after DaVita's earnings report. That's when Berkshire started buying.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV