Annaly, a real estate investment firm, posted net income of 28 cents a share on revenue of $551.68 million. While earnings missed estimates by 6 cents, revenue trumped the $392.24 million expected by analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
"Given the ongoing monetary policy impacts on the mortgage market and the uncertainty surrounding the future path of policy, we remain measured in our investment strategy," said CEO Wellington Denahan in a statement. "Our diversification into commercial assets is building momentum, with commercial investments up approximately 30% and now representing 11% of our capital."Annaly Capital TheStreet Ratings team rates Annaly Capital Management as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate Annaly Capital Management (NLY) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NLY Ratings Report
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AGNC Ratings Report
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PMT Ratings Report
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CIM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV