NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's buy-and-trade earnings previews focus on 11 companies in nine sectors including Dow component Disney (DIS) which reports in afterhours trading on Thursday and Priceline (PCLN) which also reports afterhours Thursday. It will be interesting to see whether or not Priceline can stay above a grand a share.
The eight sectors include two stocks from the consumer discretionary sector and two from the industrial products sector, and one each in these sectors; auto-tires-trucks, computer and technology, construction, consumer staples, medial, oils-energy and retail-wholesale.
With the stock market near all-time -- multi-year highs, and with the yield on the 30-year Treasury bond rising to 3.75%, the ValuEngine valuation warning intensified to a year to date high with 83.3% of all stocks overvalued. The percent of all stocks overvalued by 20% or more is also at a 2013 high at 53.3%. We still show that 15 or 16 sectors are overvalued by double-digit percentages, with 12 overvalued by 20.4% to 28.1%.
The auto-tire-trucks sector is 25.9% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 96 stocks 43.8% in this sector have sell or strong sell ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV