Citigroup, a buy-rated stock, was lower in Monday trading, weighed down by the continuing budget deadlock in Congress. Shares were 1.6% lower to $48.34 in trading Monday, lagging the S&P 500 which was down 0.52%.
Massachusetts ruled on the Thursday that Citigroup was guilty of leaking information on Apple (AAPL) to investment firms before it was made available to the public. Citigroup will pay $30 million to settle the case.
Citigroup's fundamentals remain strong. TheStreet Ratings team rates Citigroup Inc as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate Citigroup Inc (C) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1567.47% to $20,031 million when compared to the same quarter last year.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, C is up 42.1% to its most recent closing price of $48.40. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 42% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2,946 million to $4,182 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: C Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV