NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The federal government shutdown could not have come at a worse time for leaf peepers. Some of the country's national parks -- now closed indefinitely -- are considered the best places for viewing fall foliage.
Visitors looking for updates on the parks' foliage cannot even access the websites of the National Park Service.
In Maine, state park rangers are reporting that fall colors are already reaching peak conditions. This weekend is perfect for leaf peeping, and weather is expected to cooperate, with temperatures in the high 60s. But Acadia National Park, which offers the most spectacular views of the foliage from the top of Cadillac Mountain, will not be the place to be.
As an alternative, Maine's Office of Tourism is offering visitors the option of enjoying fall colors through water-based cruises, kayak tours and scenic air tours.
|Acadia National Park, Maine|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV