T3Live.com Chief Strategic Officer Scott Redler told TheStreet's Debra Borchardt that after the initial breakout higher from a positively received earnings report, the stock consolidated in a very tight pattern. Although at the time the price target seemed extreme, shares of Facebook are now over $48.
Redler admitted that he sold out of his position Monday and said others should be cautious because they might be facing a type of trader known as a "chaser" who will likely end up selling their Facebook shares on a pullback when others will be buying.
When asked if Facebook's experience will have any effect on the upcoming Twitter initial public offering, Redler said he hopes investment bankers learned their lessons from the Facebook IPO. As long as the bankers don't get greedy, Twitter should be fine with a valuation below $15 billion, he said.-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV