NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On Wednesday I profiled 90 publicly-traded community banks in Community Banks With CRE Loan Exposures. My message to these banks is that they should take action to raise capital, trim noncurrent loans or consider merger opportunities.
Sterling is partially owned by private-equity firms Thomas H. Lee Partners LP and Warburg Pincus LLC with both having stakes of about 20.8%.
The deal is a combination of cash and stock valuing Sterling stock at a premium of 26% above its share price of Aug. 30 which was $24.20 and $2.18 in cash. A 26% premium puts the stock at $30.49.According to the FDIC Quarterly Banking Profile for the second quarter of 2013 Umpqua Holdings ended the second quarter with $11.79 billion in assets, a commercial real estate (CRE) to risk-based capital ratio of 376.8% and with their CRE loan commitments 55.3% funded. At the end of 2010 Umpqua had $11.67 billion in assets, a CRE to risk-based capital ratio of 423.9% with their CRE loan commitments a stressed out 86% funded. This bank has thus done a good job in reducing CRE exposures and in raising assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV