NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- While most of the second-quarter earnings are in the books, there's still a few companies scattered around the calendar that have yet to report.
One is Salesforce.com (CRM), which reports after the bell Thursday. TheStreet's Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt the software company's stock has fluctuated wildly over the past several months, making it very hard to predict the next direction.
While not wanting to sell the company short, figuratively speaking, Cramer said he wants to see the results before stepping in as a buyer. Salesforce.com is one of the few companies that have social, mobile and cloud all under one roof.
He added that he wants to see three things come Thursday afternoon: If gross margins are improving, if the company is pulling in larger contracts and if the big contract with Japan will be affected by currency headwinds.When asked if Microsoft's (MSFT) recent woes have helped Salesforce.com, Cramer said the latter is so far ahead, it doesn't really matter. The company has been fairly active in the M&A space and Cramer concluded that it's been doing all the right things. He just wants to see the quarter before moving ahead. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV