BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It's 13F season -- that magical time each quarter when we get to sneak a peek into the portfolios of Wall Street's most well-known money managers. But while most investors concern themselves with the stocks that the pros love, they're ignoring a group that's just as important: the stocks they hate.
After all, if you'd consider adding a stock because institutions are buying with both hands, then the names portfolio managers are cutting loose are throwing up some serious red flags. To figure out which names hedge funds, pensions, mutual funds and other groups of professional investors are shedding, we're taking a look at the aggregated 13F filings that 3,325 firms just submitted for the second quarter of 2013.
Institutional investors with more than $100 million in assets are required to file a 13F -- a form that breaks down their stock positions for public consumption. From hedge funds to mutual funds to insurance companies, any professional investors who manage more than that $100 million watermark are required to file a 13F. And I'll give you a hint: Funds' sell list is skewed against tech, pharma and gold names this quarter.>>5 Stocks Under $10 Hedge Funds Love Without further ado, here's a look at seven stocks fund managers hate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV