BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Warren Buffett has his two favorite stock pickers hard at work this summer, picking up shares of their favorite stocks for Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.A, BRK.B) $89 billion portfolio. Buffett's betting big on these names; the question is, are you?
Todd Combs and Ted Weschler are former hedge fund managers hand-picked by Warren Buffett to help him manage massive chunks of Berkshire's enormous portfolio. So far, the Oracle of Omaha's lieutenants have been earning their keep: both managers beat the S&P 500 by double digits last year.
But while Combs and Weschler have turned out impressive performance, don't accuse them of being creative when it comes to their trades; the seven names Berkshire increased in the second quarter were all add-ons to existing positions. Even though the buying has been cautious, it tells us a whole lot more about the stocks that these guys like than if they'd been buying with both hands.>>5 Toxic Stocks You Should Sell That's why today we're taking a closer look at five conviction buys on Berkshire Hathaway's short list. That word -- conviction -- is an important distinction for the folks poring over Berkshire's latest 13F filings with the SEC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV