NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Internet stocks have been on fire recently following surprisingly robust earnings reports.
Back on June 6 I wrote, " IPO Report Card: Ups and Downs of Internet IPOs" in which where I showed the performances of nine Internet companies that have gone public in recent years.
I showed the dramatic ups and downs of these stocks, including those that were considered to be failures as IPOs.
My updates today explain how some of these stocks have become parabolic recently. Seven of the nine stocks have logged two-month gains of between 26.2% and 96.7%. These companies went public between May 2009 and May 2012.At ValuEngine we have enough data to provide valuations and ratings. Three stocks are undervalued, and four are overvalued by 40.8% to 96.7%, reflecting that price momentum may have gone too far. This predicament often occurs as bubbles in the equity markets are inflating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV