- The site measured annual home-price appreciation by looking at median asking prices per square foot for all non-foreclosed houses and condos listed for sale on Trulia.com in the March 1-May 31 periods of this and last year.
- Trulia estimated price gains for U.S. cities as a whole by looking at asking prices for all listings in the nation's 100 largest metro areas.
- The study defined gay-friendly urban neighborhoods as ZIP codes in the 100 largest metropolitan areas where at least 1% of households identified themselves in the 2010 U.S. Census as consisting of either gay or lesbian same-sex couples. That's some three times the rate for America as a whole, where gay and lesbian same-sex couples each account for about 0.3% of the total.
- Trulia used same-sex-couple figures as a proxy for gay population because the 2010 Census didn't specifically ask people about sexual orientation. Neighborhoods the study defined as having abover-average gay populations ranged from Boston's Jamaica Plain area in the East to San Francisco's Castro District in the West.
Why You Should Buy a Home in a Gay Neighborhood
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.