NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Oil prices were little changed on Monday, a weekend after Texas light sweet crude rose to its highest level since March 2012 and surpassed Brent crude prices for the first time since 2010.
The September contract for WTI crude at the New York Mercantile Exchange, which is the most actively traded, was sliding 42 cents to $107.45 a barrel.
WTI temporarily surpassed Brent on July 19 for the first time since October 2010, but this cross in prices was between the WTI August contract and the Brent September contract, Commerzbank AG wrote in a note on Monday.
The WTI August contract expires Monday night, and the price has risen more than 9.5% since the beginning of July."This seems to indicate a bull sentiment behind the oil complex," JBC Energy wrote in a note on Monday. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV