These aren't the droids you're looking for.
-- Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Finnish game maker Rovio has teased that a new version of its popular Angry Birds game will be coming next week. The company wrote a blog post announcing that big news would be coming July 15. "Attention, Angry Birds fans! Stay tuned on Monday, July 15th, for big news about a brand new game! We're talking the biggest character line-up ever, awesome new powers, and maybe even a few surprises," the company wrote on the blog.
In the picture above, it looks as if the game will have a Star Wars take, which the company has done in the past to drive continued interest. Walt Disney (DIS) recently purchased LucasFilms for $4 billion, and subsequently announced three new Star Wars movies, Episodes 7, 8, and 9, with Episode 7 scheduled for a summer 2015 release and the subsequent movies in the series to be released every two years. Rovio, for all the branding it has done of its Angry Birds franchise (video games, t-shirts, merchandise), has been compared to Disney in the past. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV