NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Over the previous week, TheStreet's Jim Cramer has met with a slew of CEOs and they have left a lasting impression on him. He's with "Mad Money" Research Director Nicole Urken to discuss some of the takeaways from the meetings.
Sure, times were definitely tough, but these CEOs said that they were never worried, and knew that they would emerge as stronger companies.
Cramer added these people were more than just number-crunching managers. Referring to them as "head coaches," he said that they instill a certain energy within the company that sets the tone for the rest of the employees.He added that optimism shouldn't be about sales or earnings per share, but about the long-term vision of never giving up that flows throughout these companies. Urken added these CEOs have a sort of "Beyonce presence" to them, meaning that when they walk into the room, you notice them. They have a certain aura, and in a way, they glow. Of all the impressions he was left with, a line from Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks, might have had the most impact. He said, "we are a performance driven company, through the lens of humanity," meaning that while being focused on making money, the company keeps its ethics and values in line. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. . Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV