NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Lindsey Bell and Stephanie Link are discussing what yesterday's FOMC announcement means and which stocks to buy as a result.
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke gave the market everything that it wanted except one thing: certainty.
The Fed will continue its $85 billion monthly bond purchasing plan, even though it has seen a much better employment situation and many of the risks to the economy diminish.
However, Bernanke did state the Fed will be flexible with its stimulus in the future, meaning it will eventually taper (but not abruptly stop) quantitative easing. He also reinforced that the Fed would ramp up the stimulus if the economy worsened after tapering begins.(JPM), Wells Fargo (WFC) and KeyBank (KEY). On top of that, she's watching AIG (AIG) and Hartford Financial (HIG), adding that the companies' restructuring efforts make them attractive names. Link concluded that you "want to be overweight financials in this environment." Disclosure: Action Alerts Plus owns JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and KeyBank. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.. Follow @traderboy23 This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV