NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Stephanie Link tells Lindsey Bell why Action Alerts PLUS is making a bet on improved information technology spending in the second half of 2013.
Cisco (CSCO) made new 52-week highs Monday on signs that the service-provider market is starting to improve, and Link said shares of the tech giant could go even higher.
Link also said that Cisco was focusing more on software and security, rather than routers, which are more of a commoditized business.
Changing directions a bit, she told Bell that she and Cramer had trimmed their position in Oracle (ORCL) ahead of earnings this week. Although they do expect an in-line result, the bounce from the low-$30 range has proved rewarding."If the stock were to pull back, then we would buy back what we just sold," she added. When Bell asked what stocks she is watching, Link said Accenture (ACN) and IBM (IBM) are at the top of the list due to their stability and bellwether stature. Facebook (FB) is another name they continue to like over the long term, even though many investors appear to have given up on the name. "We see the substantial growth drivers in that position," she concluded. At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long CSCO, FB and ORCL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV