(Updates from 3:57 p.m. ET with closing information.)
An article in The Wall Street Journal speculates the company's telecommunications-equipment joint venture with Siemens may be up for sale. The German conglomerate has approached private equity firms, including TPG, Blackstone Group, and KKR about a possible buyout of its part of telecommunications-equipment joint venture with Nokia.
LinkedIn (LNKD) shares rose 3.62% to $178.25 after Credit Suisse initiated coverage on the stock.Analysts at Credit Suisse gave LinkedIn an "outperform" rating with a $220 price target. The research firm cited the "all-you-can-eat subscription model", a expanding addressable market, and a profitable ad platform as potential catalysts for future success. "As we view LinkedIn over the longer term as a search marketing platform that will leverage its unique data set to place the right ad in front of the right user at the right time, it can potentially price on a per-lead transactional basis," analyst Stephen Ju wrote in the note.
Closing prices: NOK closed at $3.62, up 2.5%, while LNKD finished up 3.6% at $178.24. -- Written by David Webster in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @thedavidwebster
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV