Deutsche Bank upgraded the Chicago-based e-commerce company to "buy" with a $10 price target, as Groupon enters its "2.0" phase. Analyst Ross Sandler noted the company is in a position to grow billings at a rate of 20% or higher, as mobile continues to be key theme for the company, and it develops better search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM), which could result in EBITDA being 30% higher than initially thought.
"Sentiment has improved since our initial November 'warm-up,' and now we are upgrading amidst the current transition phase before growth turns back up," Sandler wrote in a note.
Groupon shares were soaring 11% to $7.64 in morning trading.Groupon started off as a daily deals company, but Sandler believes the next five to 10 years for the company are going to look extremely different than the company that went public less than two years ago. The company has three primary growth drivers in the future, Sandler noted. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV