PORTLAND, Ore. (TheStreet) -- It's a long leap from a greeting card holiday to a bow-on-the-car occasion, but there are dads out there who wouldn't mind making it.
Sorry, but if Mercedes Benz gets to make any old 1 percenter's Christmas a "December to Remember," there's no reason the fathers of America can't upgrade their well-worn family cars for something with a little more charisma. We're not talking about youth-recapturing sports cars or social camouflage pickups to convince themselves they're not suburban office drones, but calloused cattle ranchers.
We're looking at family vehicles that, while somewhat lacking in cool, represent a comfortable, stylish upgrade from the vehicles they've sacrificed to road trips, school shuttling, sports practices and endless commutes. With dad in mind, we hit up the folks at Kelley Blue Book for some family cars he'd love. With their help, we've come up with 10 that will be more appreciated than a tie or Fudgie The Whale ice cream cake:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV