NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer and "Mad Money" Research Director Nicole Urken were wondering Monday whether Post Holdings (POST) is ripe for acquisition and, if so, which company would buy it.
Urken added there has been incredible value in companies with true brand names, referring to the takeover of Heinz by Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) earlier this year.
Cramer believes Pinnacle Foods (PF), which debuted for trading earlier this year, may be a suitable buyer. PF is a holding in Cramer's charitable foundation, Action Alerts Plus.He noted PF would likely have to raise cash to do a takeover of this size, but thinks both the company and the market are stable enough for raising cash from investors. He also suggested that it would a great way for Pinnacle to gain more shelf space from retailers because Post Holdings cannot likely support itself as an independent entity. "These companies split and then another entity comes in and realizes there's value," he concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV