NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Tuesday, June 11:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a lower open on Wall Street, signaling that the S&P 500 would slip for a second day Tuesday after the Bank of Japan kept its monetary policy unchanged, saying that its outlook on the Japanese economy has improved.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Tuesday includes wholesale inventories for April at 10 a.m. EDT.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Monday finished mixed following an upward revision to Japan's gross domestic product figure and Standard & Poor's improved credit rating outlook for the U.S. The S&P 500 slipped 0.03% to 1,642.81 while the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 0.06% to 15,238.52. The Nasdaq added 0.13% to 3,473.77.
4. -- Japan's Softbank raised its offer for Sprint (S) by $1.5 billion to $21.6 billion. Softbank also significantly increased the cash it will pay to Sprint's current investors. SoftBank will now buy Sprint shares for $7.65 a share by upping its stake in the No. 3 telco to 78% and increasing the cash component of the merger by $4.5 billion. The revised deal now also carries the backing of hedge fund Paulson & Co., Sprint's second largest shareholder.
5. -- Edward Snowden, the 29-year-old American who has identified himself as the source of National Security Agency leaks about top-secret U.S. surveillance programs, dropped out of sight in Hong Kong on Monday, according to reports. Snowden checked out of his Hong Kong hotel hours after going public in a video released on Sunday by the U.K.'s Guardian newspaper, Reuters reported. In the video, Snowden said he feared he could be captured by the CIA, another foreign government or Asian organized crime gangs.
6. -- Apple (AAPL) unveiled iTunes Radio, an Internet radio service, on Monday at the tech giant's Worldwide Developers Conference. iTunes Radio will be available this fall in the U.S. The streaming music service is free with ads.
7. -- Lululemon athletica (LULU) announced Monday that CEO CEO Christine Day was stepping down despite earnings from the yoga-apparel maker beating analysts' estimates. Day's departure follows the company's move earlier this month to restock shelves with its black luon yoga pants after it was forced to pull the popular pants in March following complaints they were too sheer.
8. -- Texas Instruments (TXN) narrowed its outlook for second-quarter net income and revenue. The chipmaker said Monday it now expects to earn between 39 and 43 cents a share in the second quarter ending June 30 on revenue of $2.99 billion to $3.11 billion. Texas Instruments forecast in April net income of 37 to 45 cents a share and revenue of $2.93 billion to $3.17 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV