Perrigo is celebrating its 125th anniversary this year, and on Friday it moved from the Nasdaq to the NYSE. Although the company experienced 18% year-over-year growth, it still managed to miss estimates on four of its last six earnings reports.
Papa is hoping to change this, and one way is by repackaging of the company's baby formula. Papa argues that Perrigo's formula is the same quality as national brands, but at about half the price.
With baby formula costing so much these days, Perrigo is hoping that a lower cost will help drive sales.Perrigo also hopes its recent acquisition of a pet company will play a role in higher sales. Its flea and tick products should sell well given a recent increase in the tick population. Papa joked, "it was a slow season initially, but recently ticked up." Perrigo also hopes to see higher sales from its pollen and allergy products, with pollen remaining at higher-than-usual levels for this time of the year. Although the allergy season did get off to a sluggish start, it continues to remain "elongated," according to Papa. Perrigo uses the same ingredients as the national brand, but offers its product for a 25% to 30% discount to the national brand, he added. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV