NEW YORK ( TheDeal) -- Actavis Inc.'s $8.5 billion deal for specialty pharmaceutical company Warner Chilcott plc will serve to enhance the New Jersey drugmaker's revenue mix and balance sheet, and heighten its profile for future dealmaking, executives said on a conference call Monday.
Actavis added 2.3% on Tuesday to $130.08 while Warner jumped 3.8% to $20.34.
"It augments our specialty brand business in our core therapeutic market categories of women's health and urology, as well as expanding into the gastrointestinal sectors, new therapeutic qualities for us," Actavis CEO and president Paul Bisaro said on a conference call on Monday. "The combined company is going to be in the top 20 of global pharmaceutical companies in terms of sales with a substantial presence in both generics and brand products."
Before the deal, about 7% of Actavis' revenue came from branded specialty products; it mostly focused on generic drugs. Post-deal, about 25% of revenue will come from specialty products, according to comments on the call.Higher revenue means increased cash flow and more access to financing for deals, Bisaro noted. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV