NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The benchmark indices pushed to fresh highs amid mixed economic data as Google zoomed to historic territory.
The S&P 500 rose 0.51% to 1,658.78 as investors cheered a stronger-than-expected housing report offsetting sobering data on U.S. manufacturing.
Google (GOOG), operator of the world's most popular search engine, booked its largest gain since April 19 gaining 3.3% to $915.89 ahead of its annual software developers' conference, dubbed "Google I/O." At the San Francisco event, the company announced an immediate launch of a music streaming service dubbed Google Play Music All Access Subscription Music Service. Google's stock gains have outpaced the Nasdaq as shares have risen more than 29% in 2013.
"I would be of the camp that thinks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV