NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- E Commerce China Dangdang (DANG), the "Amazon" (AMZN) of China, extended its recent momentum Tuesday. The stock rose more than 11% to settle at $5.17 a share as traders bet that the the company will beat earnings estimates this Thursday.
As one of the most heavily-shorted names on the street, and as the hurdle for beating earnings estimates stays low, the stock has the potential to rally after the report on any bit of good news.
Tesla (TSLA) and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR ) are recent examples of high short-interest names that spiked much higher after solid earnings reports forced short sellers to cover their positions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV