NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Brittany Umar, Jill Malandrino and Andrew Krill highlight some of the big announcements for this week ahead, with Umar noting that, "it's a big week of earnings for retail and food and beverage stocks."
Wednesday will be a mixed bagged, with Jack In The Box (JACK), Cisco (CSCO) , Deere (DE) and Macy's (M) expected to report earnings. Macy's investors are looking for the company to shed some light on the ongoing litigation with Martha Stewart and J.C. Penney (JCP).
Krill will be watching Cisco and expects the company to report in-line results, with pressures on enterprise spending due to the sequester. Japanese first-quarter GDP will also be released, with a 70-basis-point increase expected.
Thursday features more retail companies, with J.C. Penney, Kohls (KSS), Nordstrom (NDSN) and Walmart (WMT) all set to report earnings. J.C. Penney investors will be focused on the turnaround story and what Mike Ullman, the new CEO, has to say with same-store sales falling 16% in a company pre-announcement.Thursday also features Core CPI and CPI numbers from both the U.S. and Europe. U.S. housing starts will again be in focus as investors will look to see if April's momentum, which logged over 1 million starts, has carried over to May.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV