NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Sen. David Vitter (R., La.) is open to discussion about changes to his proposed "Too Big to Fail" bill.
The U.S. Senator said an attractive feature of the bill he co-authored with Sen. Sherrod Brown (D., Ohio) would be the discussion he hopes it attracts about issues such as risk-weighting assets -- a regulation of the well-known Dodd-Frank Act and Basell III that requires the riskier the asset the more capital a bank has to put behind the asset.
"Well look, we're open for discussion with anybody about anything," Vitter told TheStreet in an interview. "I think there's a widespread and growing recognition that at least a version of risk-weighting talked about now can really be gamed, is being gamed."
Check out the interview above, or click through here.-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV