LAS VEGAS (TheStreet) -- What better way to finish off the SALT conference than some stock-specific ideas ahead of the weekend for you to mull over? On Mad Money, we are always looking for new ideas, so here are some top ideas presented to members of the conference:
1) DEX MEDIA -- from Andrew Jent of Hyman Capital
Dex Media (DXM), which was also mentioned earlier this week at the Ira Sohn Conference, was recently formed from Dex One Corp. and Super Media. The business, which has basis of the two players in the yellow pages industry, is in clear secular decline. However, it has an opportunity to transition into digital. Yelp (YELP), an extremely exciting story which just posted a very strong quarter, is lauded for its potential in digital. But Super Media's digital subscribers are actually higher than Yelp. While the equity has been up, there is upside that remains.
2) PACIRA PHARMA-- from Kris Jenner at Rock Springs CapitalJenner noted he has focused on healthcare in particular because of his very positive view on the sector, driven by being very early in innovation cycle (new medicines, new therapies that will address unmet medical needs to a system very demanding of value and very cost conscious.) Pacira Pharma (PCRX) is a single product company that is in the early stages of its commercial launch post FDA approval. The company's drug is an alternative to opioid management of post-surgical pain. Of course, we have discussed this opportunity on Mad Money with Alkermes (ALKS). From Jenner on Pacira: "This company can be a five bagger...We think in 2017 it will be a minimum of $5bn in cap... but it might not get there as it will get gobbled up." 3) AUTODESK -- from Michael Karsch at Karsch Capital Management Karsch outlined that Autodesk (ADSE) will benefit from the resurgence of non-residential construction in the U.S. - which lags the housing market by about 18 months, along with secular changes including cloud and 3D printing. (The company spends a tremendous amount on R&D, focusing on this transition to cloud.) Plus, Autodesk has shifted from a licensing model to a subscription model, something that has benefitted Adobe (ADBE) in particular. Autodesk has had some company specific issues and European challenges, but it is working through these.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV