Waste-to-energy firm Covanta (CVA) saw call buying Tuesday and Wednesday, with volume well above normal and the name and net open interest and ATMIV lifting on both days. Shares slid a bit to close at $19.85 but we will keep a close eye on this one for the remainder of the week.
Beazer Homes (BZH) is up nearly 7% on earnings this morning and flow yesterday was on the right side of this move, with May 16 calls bought for $0.65 and $0.70 when shares were under $16. Looks like some of those were unwound today for $2.
Ciena (CIEN) Early volume Thursday in networking equipment maker CIEN is dominated by May 15 calls, currently 3.8% above spot. Buyer appears t have paid an average price of 36cents for nearly 2000 contracts. Shares at the low end of their YTD range (and about middle of their 52-week range), and today's flow may close an existing short call position.
Buyer appears to be looking for a shift in momentum on Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA) after a slide into earnings this week was followed by further declines that have shares nearly $3 below levels seen earlier this spring. This morning a buyer paid $1.225 for 5,000 Jan14 calls tied delta-neutral to $11.50 stock. Typical volume in MNTA is under 200 calls and this block will open a new position struck more than 20% above spot.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV