BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Welcome to the doubleheader FDA advisory panel live blog: The morning panel features Aveo Oncology (AVEO) and its kidney cancer drug tivozanib. In the afternoon session, Delcath Systems (DCTH) brings the Melblez liver-tumor therapy in front of the FDA's outside experts.
The panel experts will consider the efficacy and safety of tivozanib and Melblez and vote to recommend approval -- or not. The final approval decision rests with the FDA.
Expect trading in both Aveo and Delcath to be halted during their respective panel sessions. Both stocks have been under pressure this week on FDA reviews which raised concerns and questions about the clinical benefit and/or safety of tivozanib and Melblez. It will be the job of Aveo and Delcath to counter these concerns and convince the panel members that their respective products deserve FDA approval.-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston. Follow Adam Feuerstein on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV