Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 11:01 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Thursday:
Cramer said the collapse of solar in China may be a good thing for LDK Solar (LDK) here in the U.S. Meanwhile, positive news from Alkermes (ALKS) is helping to lift that drug maker. LDK fell 2.8% to $1.05 and ALK was off 1.8% to $29.20.
Cramer said he's worried about Apache (APA) and its business in Egypt, but is not worried about earnings at Best Buy (BBY), a stock he said is heading higher. APA fell 1% to $70.82 and BBY was 1.8% lower at $22.97.Finally, Cramer said Union Pacific (UNP) is a railroad in the right place at the right time, but he remains cautious on HollyFrontier (HFC), urging investors to stick with the drillers over the refiners. Investors pushed UNP shares 4% higher to $142.46 while HFC rose 3.5% to $48.50. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV