NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer likes the growth-oriented as well as the yield-oriented Big Pharma stocks, he told Nicole Urken, "Mad Money's" research associate, Monday. "The international investor who is looking for a home will want to find yield and will want to find safety."
One thing the big-cap pharma companies have done is to return money to shareholders, Cramer said. "They're all about bringing out values. Pfizer Pfizer (PFE) has done a series of gigantic moves to bring out value."
He said the takeaway for a Merck (MRK) or a Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is all very clear, he said. These companies make a lot of money and they have good balance sheets and they continue to return capital. "So, they've become banks for foreigners."
He added, These groups are a better safe haven than any other group in the market.""Pharma isn't what it was a decade ago," Urken agreed. "Keep it on your radar. In this kind of a market it's a group that continues to work." To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV