ARDSLEY, NY ( TheStreet) -- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) announced mixed results from two proof-of-concept studies Monday aimed at expanding the use of its multiple sclerosis walking drug Ampyra to include patients suffering from strokes and cerebral palsy.
In a study of 83 patients who had experienced a stroke at least six months prior to enrollment, use of twice-daily Ampyra significantly improved walking ability compared to a placebo, Acorda said in a statement. The company didn't provide detailed data on Ampyra's efficacy
Three patients reported seizures during the study. One seizure occurred in a patient treated with a placebo. The two other seizure cases involved patients on Ampyra, although one was deemed an intentional overdose and suicide attempt.
"There were clear efficacy signals in the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV