The company has experienced strong growth in the past couple of years, doubling its user base, as more customers listen to their music on phones and tablets. In 2011, Pandora had over 100 million registered users, and has since seen another 100 million registered users sign up for its service.
"I have to admit, we had no idea what was in store," said co-founder Tim Westergren in the press release, describing creating the service. "It has been, and continues to be, an extraordinary experience for all of us."
Pandora recently posted exceptionally strong fourth-quarter results, as revenue rose 54% year-over-year to $125.1 million.Pandora Crushes Earnings; AM/FM Radio Officially Dead The Oakland-based Pandora gave first-quarter guidance that was sharply higher than what Wall Street was expecting. The company expects to lose, on a non-GAAP basis, 10 cents to 13 cents a share, but revenue is expected to be between $120 million and $125 million in the first quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect a loss of 11 cents on $123.68 million in sales. Shares of Pandora were higher in early Thursday trading, up 1.26% to $13.61. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV